Spicy Shrimp with Rice
A Light easy dish that will make your mouth salivate the moment you taste it. Seasoned and paired perfectly with our Marie Sharps Mild Habanero Sauce.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced Pepperdews, drained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Marie Sharps Hot Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5-2/3 cups hot cooked rice
Prepare the broth
- In a large pan, saute the onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomato sauce, broth, parsley, pepperdews, hot sauce, onion salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in shrimp; cook 5-7 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice.
Keen to raise the game and make it hotter? Try our Firey Hot Habanero Sauce